Wednesday 13 February 2013

WET n WILD - Mega Last Matte Lipsticks

I was recently watching a video on Youtube from Heyyjune. She made an order with beautyjoint.com for some American drugstore products and she was quite happy with what she bought and how the company had dealt with her order. I rarely purchase products from abroad and I've wanted to try the Wet n Wild lipsticks for a while so decided to order some.



These lipstick were very affordable. They were priced at $2.75 each which at the moment is under 2 Pounds. (pound sign has gone missing from my keyboard :S)

I decided to order 10 lipsticks in order to justify the shipping cost. I didn't want to spend less on the products than the shipping.



I must say for the price of these lipsticks they are are AMAZING!!  They have easily become some of my favourites. Firstly, they do not smell!!  This is a big plus for me as I tend to stay away from a lot of brands because the smell of their lipsticks make me nauseous. 

The lipsticks are very pigmented. Most of them go on quite opaque. 

The texture of the lipsticks are very creamy even though it has a matte finish. They are not chalky and don't drag during application.  I can't really fault the formula. I would suggest you apply a lipbalm before applying the lipstick as with any Matte lipsticks, they can make your lips a bit dry after a few hours.

The downside to these lipsticks is the packaging. I hate how the lipstick does not go all the way down into the tube and part of it sticks out. You always tend to get the lipstick on the lid which makes it very messy.  If you are not careful with the lid then you could end up denting or even breaking the lipstick, but I guess for the price paid you can't really complain though. 

As for my colour choices, I did not choose any red lipsticks as I have far too many. I wanted colours that were quite plum/purple based and pink colours.  The colour swatches can be found below:

From L- R: 918D Cherry Bomb, 908C Sugar Plum Fairy, 916D Ravin' Raisin, 907C Mauve Outta Here, 905D Smokin' Hot Pink


From L-R: 906D Wine Room, 904B Rose-Bud, 912C In The Flesh, 914C Mocha-licious & 902C Bare It All

I am of a MAC NC25 complexion for reference. I am slightly paler at the moment as it is winter.
 
My favourites out of the bunch have to be 908C Sugar Plum Fairy and 907C Mauve It Outta Here. My least favourite has to be 914 Mocha-licious. The colour just looks horrible on my skin tone but I cant wait to try this out on my darker friends or even on my mum.

Overall, I would really recommend these lipsticks. They are very affordable, easy to use and very pigmented.


Until next time!!


Love Lots,

Beki

xXx





No comments:

Post a Comment